Buying VS. Building a Log Cabin Home
Many homebuyers end up spending lots of time and energy either searching for or building a log home they love. Between the location, price, property, and style, there are many key factors that go into consideration before making a final decision! While the cabin-buying process requires several important choices, one of the first (and most vital) is deciding if you’ll buy or build a log cabin home.
In today’s blog, we’re here to walk you through the pros and cons of both building and buying a log cabin to help you make the best, most informed decision for your family. We’ll cover topics such as convenience, cost, customizability, and quotes as well as what log home builders to trust – so stay tuned!
Should I Buy or Build a Log Cabin Home?
The million-dollar question: should I buy or build a log cabin home?
Obviously, the answer to that question lies within the desires and preferences of the one shopping! While there is not a “one size fits all” solution, there are certain pros and cons that can help weigh your decision. A few factors to keep in mind when considering buying vs building a log cabin home are:
Benefits of Buying a Log Cabin
Whether it’s the convenient timeline or the traditional approach that is drawing you in to buying a log cabin home, the following guide can help validate that feeling!
There are a few reasons that would suggest buying a log cabin home is the right choice for you, including:
- You Can Move in Right Away – There’s no need to wait for your home to built before you can move in! As soon as settlement is complete and you get the keys, you’re free to call the cabin yours!
- You May Get a Better Deal – When buying a log cabin, you may be able to negotiate price with the seller, something that is NOT possible when building a log home personally.
- You Can See the Finished Product Before You Buy It – Unlike building a log home, which requires a bit of faith, buying a log cabin off the market allows you to walk through, see, and feel the home before you purchase it. If something is off-putting or not quite your taste, you have no obligation to buy! When you buy a log cabin home, you can see exactly what you’re getting before you make your purchase.
If you think buying a log cabin is the approach you need to take to getting your dream home, we encourage you to reach out to a local realtor or browse online for genuine opportunities in your preferred area.
Benefits of Building a Log Home
If you’ve ever dreamed of having your own cozy cabin, you probably have a specific vision in mind for the home and surrounding property!
If any of these points are important to you, it may be best for you to build a log cabin home as opposed to buying one off the market:
- You’ll Most Likely Get Better Craftmanship: Building a log home gives you the opportunity to select higher quality materials and make sure everything is built to your personal standards. You have the choice and confidence of knowing the workmanship of the home!
- You Can Create Your True Dream Home – A spacious 3-bay garage? An upstairs loft for bunk-beds? Done and DONE! You ask, your custom log home builder From the major decisions to the tiny finishes, you can reign over every detail of your log cabin home!
- You Can Choose Your Exact Location: When you build a log cabin home, you can get the exact type of house you want, exactly where you want it! If you have acres of property, you have the privilege of building by the pond, on the summit, or by the river.
- Can be More Energy Efficient: A new build means newer technology, updated insulation standards and energy-saving appliances that can help lower bills.
- You Have More Cost Control: When buying a log cabin, you’re at the mercy of the market. Depending on the market, you may end up severely overpaying for a log cabin home! However, when building a log home, you can substitute some things for others to keep costs at a comfortable rate.
If you think that building a log home is the best way for you to have your dream home, we encourage you to reach out to a trusted log cabin builder like Gingrich Builders from PA. We have several standard log home plans as well a log home model where you can personalize your new home.
Reach out today to get pricing and work with our team!
Build a Log Cabin Home with Gingrich Builders!
At Gingrich Builders, we’ve been builders of custom log cabin homes for several decades. Serving PA with a high-quality, reputable way to build a log cabin has been our biggest passion for the past 45+ years in business!
When you choose Gingrich Builders as your trusted partner for building a log home, you choose a family-owned company with TONS of custom options. Apart from our popular log cabin home models such as the Bradford, Allegheny and Atglen, we are also happy to customize a cabin to your personal preferences and needs. See some of our favorite log cabin homes here!
Contact Gingrich Builders today if you want to build a log cabin in PA!