What Makes for Luxury Log Homes?
Luxury log homes are truly a thing of beauty. Combining the rustic ambiance of wood with in-demand modern home touches — this is Gingrich Builders’ signature style. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting all of the unique touches that make luxury log homes so amazing.
From the inside of the log home to the interior design and décor, there are countless ways to transform your log cabin into an upscale retreat. Discover 6 of our favorite luxury log home upgrades — and find the right floor plan for you that will bring it all together.
6 Luxury Touches for Your Log Home
There are little things that make a big impact on how you use your home every day. From distinct stylistic accents to the extra accessories that equal those of any new renovation, these are the touches that make for true luxury log homes:
- Stone Accents & Stone Columns — Adding masonry to your home’s exterior creates an upscale curb appeal whether you’re deep in the woods or in a cal-de-sac. The most common ways to introduce stone to a log home is in the siding accents or with full stone columns. In most cases, stonework complements the natural rustic style of the wood.
- Deluxe Outdoor Living Space — The majority of our log homes come with an outdoor living area — however, we’ve seen some custom touches that transform them into true luxury spaces. One of the most popular touches is using beautiful stamped concrete for the patio and stylish composite boards for the deck.
- Extra Garage Space — For most homeowners, convenience equals luxury. Building an extra large detached garage that’s perfect for housing all of your outdoor toys is one of the most popular luxury log home upgrades.
- Modern Kitchen — Kitchens are some of the most popular rooms to renovate in ANY home, log or otherwise. When you’re building your luxury log home, you have countless options for a custom kitchen, including gorgeous custom cabinetry — and your choice of granite or quartz countertops.
- Spa Bathroom — Another room calling out for a luxury remodel, the bathroom has countless upscale options to choose from. You can add features such as a full tile shower, heated floors, and a soaking tub. While your home might look like a rustic cabin from the outside, on the inside you’ll have ALL the amenities anyone could ever want.
- Raised Stone Hearth — Many of our luxury log home plans are designed around the central great room. Adding a jumbo-sized stone fireplace creates a truly one-of-a-kind ambiance. The roaring hearth in the great room will be the main attraction for your friends and family.
Experience a Luxury Log Home Interior
We have more than 20 log home models that homeowners can choose from and customize.
Explore Some of Our Favorite Luxury Log Home Floor Plans
At Gingrich Builders, we would be more than happy to work with you to craft the custom luxury log home floor plan of your dreams. While any of our floor plans can make for a great luxury log cabin, these are three of our clients’ favorites:
- Chesterland — This log home floor plan is the perfect place to start for your upscale project. The exterior looks exceptional when paired with stonework, and the large interior is ready for your custom touches.
- Royer — This more compact ski-lodge style house can be a great choice for your luxury log home. While the floor plan is smaller, you save money to add in all the amenities you crave.
- Spence — This standard log home model was created by working directly with a client who wanted to build something extraordinary. We liked it so much we wanted to offer it to everyone! The contemporary look and large size make this another great luxury log home floor plan to consider.
Start the Conversation with Gingrich Builders
All of these luxury log home projects came to life in the same way — with an initial conversation. From the first point of contact to when our craftsmen put the finishing touches on your home, we’re your dedicated partner. We work closely with our customers to help them design their dream home inside and out.
The first step is to reach out to our designers to discuss the log home floor plans you like, the extra touches you want, and your budget. We’ll work with you to build your dream home. Contact us to start the conversation!