Log Home Kitchens to Inspire You
While the gorgeous, log exterior earns the majority of the attention, our log homes are designed to be beautiful inside and out. We give you the same custom control and put the same inspired design into the interior of our homes as we do their signature exteriors. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting our log home kitchens and all of your options when designing your dream home.
At Gingrich Builders, we’ve been building custom log homes for more than 45 years that serve as primary residences and vacation retreats. While not all of our customers want a luxury log home kitchen, we bring all of the deluxe touches you’d expect from any home designer — just with a distinct log home twist. If you want to see your options and start imagining your dream home, keep reading. However, if you’d rather talk to someone, our designers are standing by to discuss your custom cabin project from the ground up!
7 Log Cabin Kitchen Ideas that Homeowners Love
Just because the outside is rustic, doesn’t mean the kitchen can’t feature cutting-edge luxury designs. Basically, if you’ve seen it on HGTV or in a friend’s kitchen remodel, you can bring it to your Gingrich log home. Explore 7 of our favorite log cabin kitchen ideas:
- Countertop Choices — Almost any great kitchen design starts with the countertops. Adding a high-end solid surface countertop, like quartz or granite, will look fantastic as the natural materials look gorgeous paired with a wooden home interior. However, for budget conscious buyers, luxury laminate comes with more color and texture options than ever, while boasting true cost savings.
Learn more about what makes for true luxury log homes.
- Backsplash Options — A trendy focal point in kitchen design, your backsplash can be something of a showstopper. While we offer the trending options like subway tile, we often recommend a log cabin kitchen idea that can only happen in a log home. Instead of installing a backsplash, many homeowners prefer to just let the natural wooden logs of the wall show through and directly contrast the countertops.
- Roll-Out Shelving and Trash Cans — This is a convenience-focused upgrade that makes cooking and working in any kitchen easier. We often equip our log home kitchens with roll-out shelving that allows you to see all of the pots and pans at once — or roll-out space for trash bins and recycling cans.
- Kitchen Island — This log cabin kitchen idea finds a place in almost all of the homes we build, and it’s not difficult to see why. From a practical standpoint, the island adds extra prep space for the kitchen, while providing additional seating. Visually, an island creates a natural transition between the open great room and spacious kitchen. Finally, the island is a great accent piece whether you choose to match the wood to the walls or opt for a contrasting shade!
See some of our best-loved log home floor plans.
- Cabinet Wood Choices — Another key design element in any kitchen, the cabinets are an important feature in our kitchens as well. We give you ample wood species options and finishes for your cabinets. The majority of cabinets in our homes are maple since they can be painted or stained practically any shade or color. However, we also make cherry and oak wood species an option when designing, too.
- Cabinet Options — Beyond choosing the species and stain or color, you can also customize much of the look of the cabinets as well. Everything from the pulls and other hardware to the molding can be specially selected as part of the design process.
- Open Floor Plan — While the vast majority of our homes come standard with open floor plans, this can have a key impact on the design of log home kitchens in particular. Firstly, it makes the kitchen feel absolutely enormous — this is not your standard vacation home galley kitchen! On top of that, the openness allows the kitchen to have a full view of the great room, which brings an even more social aspect to the house.
Discover All of Your Luxury Upgrade Options
These log cabin kitchen ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. Anything that you can upgrade in a typical suburban home can also be enhanced in your dream cabin. For example, luxury bathrooms are another key upgrade that we make available with our homes, featuring accessories such as stand-up showers, heated floors, soaking tubs, and more. In addition, outdoor living spaces, like decks, porches, and more, are part of practically every home we build!
Discuss Log Home Kitchens & Everything Else
If you’re ready to make your dream log home a reality, our designers are ready to talk. The first step is a free and easy consultation either over the phone or in person. Here we’ll discuss your preferred style, your budget, log home kitchens, and everything else.
Reach out today to start the conversation with us!